Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Carousel Cake

It was far from perfect, but here is the carousel cake I made for my daughter's 2nd birthday, which had a carnival theme.

It was 3 tiered, covered with buttercream and marshmallow fondant followed. The horses I piped with color flow a few days in advance, and attached with royal icing. The other details are all fondant or royal icing. To get the pointed dome top, I used one of those giant cupcake shaped cake pans, and baked a little cone shaped cake in the top half, then placed it on top of a regular round cake.

I was pretty pleased with how this cake turned out! And most importantly, all the guests at the party remarked on how good it tasted {I do boxed cake mix & make my own buttercream using Serious Cakes recipe!} The lines weren't all perfect, but this was by far the most complicated cake I've made to date, so I'll go easy on myself.
Thanks for visiting Heather Cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment